Monday, March 30, 2009

Hi everybody,

My name is Scott and I am a third term student in the Drexel's Library Science program. I currently have two internships. One at Drexel University Archives and Special Collections in which I work to revitalize the Special Collections (I promise we have great books there, and I'm working to get them some notice), and one at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania in which I help with the digital preservation/rights and reproduction department. In addition to these, the American Philosophical Society has tricked me into processing a collection there for free.

I hope to work in one of the many cultural institutions in Philadelphia after I graduate, ideally working with fine press books, rare books or artists books.

I spend too much time on a daily basis reading the New York Times, Drexel Library Website (I know, I know) and Philly.com. I hope to one day have time to visit and enjoy more recreational reading. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment